Monday, July 19, 2021

Rainbow Falls

I love the mountains.  It's cool and there are waterfalls!  I really enjoy hiking but ONLY if there is a breathtaking view at the top or a waterfall.  We knew we wanted to hike to a waterfall today but we didn't care which one.  I read about some family friendly hikes and looked up which was closest to us.  Rainbow Falls won.  We didn't really check out the important facts like how long and how steep we just went.
Rainbow Falls was a busy trail, we had to be creative to park.   It was a little over 5 miles in total.  It's pretty steep, we climbed 1,617 ft in elevation.  We were pretty exhausted when we reached the top but we rested up there quite a while.  The kids were able to climb the rocks to get close to the waterfall.  I stayed back with the pack.  When we did start the trek down it was not as easy as we had hoped.  Isaac ended up on Bruce's back at one point.  We did make it down though and were grateful for the day's climb.
When we got back to the hotel I looked up the trail and realized it was rated "hard."  I'm glad we didn't look it up, we wouldn't have tried it and it was a great day!








No comments:

Post a Comment