Sunday, December 5, 2010

Trimming the Tree

I was very excited to get the tree up and decorated!  Bruce was supposed to get off early, make a gumbo (I refuse to learn to cook cajun food when I have a husband that is so great at it!) and then we would decorate.  Of course, many things happened which made that seem impossible!  Bruce did not get off on time.  Our car that was supposed to be picked up at lunch was not ready and had to be picked up after work.  It was almost 6pm when we began to head home.  That doesn't sound too late but with preschoolers it meant decorating was not looking good.  We made a quick decision to pick up some Chinese and try to salvage the evening.  We got home, ate and Bruce started putting up the tree while I went to the garage to find the decorations.  We have gotten rid of almost everything but I did save the special ornaments.  I was very sad to find Lillian's first Christmas ornament and the ornament I purchased on our honeymoon MIA.  I'm guessing they were sold at the yardsale in the giant bag of Christmas stuff a month ago. :(  I did really bad job of putting on my happy face and getting over it while we finished up decorating the tree.  Lillian and Bruce on the other hand really had a blast hanging ornaments and dancing around.
I went to Micheals today and got some ribbon to put around the tree to finish it up.  I'm really bad at stuff like this but I think it turned out ok.  I'm pleased with it at least.  We also had our delious gumbo today after church and shared it with family!
I think he was taking ornaments off not putting them on!

the reason we decorate!
Notice the star at the top!  We found that in the decorations at the house...had to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment