Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years 2011

We were super excited to spend New Year's at the Pullin home.  They are very special to us.  Todd and Karen opened their home to Bruce and I when we were just dating.  They live kinda halfway between NOLA and Shreveport in "the greatness" a.k.a. Branch, LA.  Bruce and I would meet in Lafayette for dinner, spend the night at the Pullin's and then wake up super early in time to drive back to our cities for work :)  O the things you do when you are in love!  Their home sits amongst rice fields and has a huge wrap-around porch where you can sit and admire "the greatness."  After living in the city for years I sometimes forget how much I love the night sky.  The Pullin's porch has a great view of the night sky!  It's actually where Bruce proposed to me!  We were supposed to get a picture today but I forgot :(
We enjoyed a great New Year's lunch with their family today!  It's great to be back in Cajun land.  We have missed you!
Dan with his big bro Curt

Dan refused to have his picture made with us
After lunch we continued our road trip to New Orleans.  As we were getting off the spillway bridge driving into Kenner (a suburb of NOLA) Bruce and I looked at each other and we were thinking the same thing.  It's good to be HOME.  It's strange to me but for these four LePoints New Orleans is home.  Lillian woke up when we were driving onto campus and I have not seen her that happy since we started packing. (This is all very difficult for her.  She does not understand what is going on.  Tonight when I put her to bed she asked if the apartment we are borrowing on campus was our new home.)  We ate a yummy dinner and KING CAKE!!!! with the Guys this evening.  It's so good to have this time with friends.  I look forward to tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Lilian was wondering why the home was such a wreck and pictures of other kids were on the wall! I am massively jealous of the impromptu party y'all had that I couldn't be a part of. :(

    And I sincerely wish you "accidentally" stole that #*@&! singing Cinderella doll while you were at my pad.

    ReplyDelete