Saturday, January 1, 2011

Packing...

On Christmas Day it hit me like a ton of bricks, I have been trying to pack for weeks but haven't been so successful and in my mind I would tell myself "it's ok, you don't really have to get to it until Christmas is over."  The day to which I had been procrastinating had finally arrived.  I was scared to death!  I decided that Christmas Day is not a day to be stressed and Sunday is a day of rest so I wouldn't think about packing again until Monday and then it was time to get to work!
Monday we tried to pack and we did get some stuff accomplished...as much as you can with a sick baby in the house.  Bruce or I was holding Eli all day.  And you couldn't hold him and sit down, you had to stand.  I knew something was not right.  We all had colds we could not shake so Tuesday packing was put on hold for Dr visits.  Eli had an ear infection.  He got a shot and an antibiotic and Bruce got an antibiotic as well, for a sinus infection.  My woes were called a virus and you know there's not much to do for that but tough it out!  We all went home that afternoon and slept.  Wednesday we were back to work full force.  In the morning we had both kids while packing and it seemed I was doing more for/with them than I was packing so they happily went to Grandma Joy's.  For the next day and a half Bruce and I packed, threw away, carried to Goodwill, or gave away everything we had.  It was stressful and emotional but had to be done.
We still have work to do in March when we return to Shreveport to be packed and ready but I was proud of all we accomplished.  Our possessions fit in a small corner of the garage.  It was strange to see it like that.  In a way it's freeing and at the same time super scary.
The Honda Civic we are borrowing from the Gouldins is currently packed down with our stuff for the next 3 months and we are off visiting friends and family until we start our training January 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment